About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, April 04, 2018

I woke up early this morning.

Middlest was already awake and had thoughtfully set out the dishes for my breakfast. I ate breakfast and played a few games on the AARP website to try to wake up my brain. Middlest played games on several game systems and phones at once. Multitasking. It's what we do.

I struggled to stay focused and awake for much of the day, but finally five o'clock rolled around. I came home by way of one of the Dallas yarn shops that stays open late on Wednesdays, and I cleft there with two HiyaHiya bamboo circs in the target sizes and two Chiagoo bamboo circs, to see if either brand has sufficient tooth to tame the KidSilk Haze without dragging at it. I'm hoping to save myself a trip to DFW FiberFest on Friday night.

You know I love my HiyaHiya minuscule steel needles for baby socks and doll clothes. I'm hoping that I like the bamboo needles every bit as well. If so, they come in 9" lengths for knitting sleeves in human-scale. And several of my friends like the Chiagoo. (I would like to score some rosewood needles and maybe even some ebony needles.)

I also bought a small ceramic sheep pin that reminds me of Shaun the Sheep. I'd snap a picture of all this bounty, but my phone has been sulking all day.

SemperFi stopped at my desk and asked if I had any word yet from yesterday. I told him it would be about a week and, "They're not Lenscrafters." ("Eyeglasses in about an hour.)

I'm torn between firing up one of the new needles and finishing the Rick Riordan book I started last night. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: