About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

News I can use.

1. Notification from Amazon that volume 3 in The Trials of Apollo is almost ready to ship and should arrive around the first of May.

2. I checked the IRS website for status on my refund, and it said: "Your tax refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank by April 18, 2018. [I wasn't expecting it until May 1.] If your refund is not credited to your account by April 23, 2018, check with your bank to see if it has been received." So I logged into my bank, et voila!

3. I forgot what a beating the first day back at work is. I had over a hundred new emails waiting for me, about 20% of them wishing me a happy birthday. Regarding the stuff I am paid to do, I got all the way through my new attorney's mail and most of the way through SemperFi's.

4. My birthday gift from my sister was waiting on my desk when I got to work. It's a lovely painting of a single, huge, scarlet poppy. Her card was equally terrific. It shows the Cowardly Lion, Tin Man, and Scarecrow watching Dorothy pull money out of a machine and drop it into her basket. Tin Man says, "All this time, I thought she was calling for her 'Auntie Em'."

5. From SemperFi: "At our age you realize something very important." Inside: "Then *poof* it's gone and you can't remember what the hell you were just thinking about."

6. From my other, still to be nicknamed, attorney: "Happy Birthday" Inside, a handwritten note: "I hope you have a wonderful birthday! You deserve it! I am so happy that I get to work with you every day. You're such a joyful and kind person! I hope this year is full of blessings for you. (heart) J"

7. I stayed awake on the drive home, and I'm almost done eating dinner. It's doubtful that I can stay awake long enough to take my meds at the usual hour.

Color me happy, relieved, grateful, and tired. Later, gators!

No comments: