About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

My uterus, the clown car?

NYC was a grand adventure. There I was, this little (old) girl from Idaho, driving in SoHo. And as I observed on Facebook, 20mph feels a whole lot faster in the Holland Tunnel than it does in a school zone.

I've found out which size of Gudrun's shoes I wear in the design I had hoped would fit me. Holding off on buying them until I get my tax refund in the next couple of weeks.

It's my birthday, and I've survived a truncated well woman (no diabetes-specific blood work, nor pelvic exam because of the hysteroscopy that followed). I was prepared for the latter to be as uncomfortable as the biopsy, and it wasn't. I got to see the little camera poking around. I am full of polyps. They are coming out mid-May and will be biopsied to make sure they aren't full of nasty surprises.

Meanwhile, I need to find somebody willing to drive me to Arlington, wait for me, and bring me home, as this isn't something I can drive myself to.

Really hoping that this takes care of things and that a hysterectomy will not be necessary.

It's been a great day. Breakfast at La Madeleine after the minimal blood work, and dinner at Lucile's in Fort Worth before driving to the new location (IKEA) for Knit Night.

I'm knackered. Don't think there'll be any difficulty falling asleep tonight.


No comments: