About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Pain in the foot.

Last year (I think it was last year) I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I acquired a podiatrist, over the counter orthotics, and had to give up my beloved Dansko clogs, which I had worn in various iterations for roughly twenty years.

I loathe spending money on shoes. For the past several years I've gone to Academy and bought whatever was on sale. I bought two pairs last time. A conservative black pair. A pair that shifts from red to orange and tones wonderfully with my favorite combination of Gudrun pieces. A couple of evenings ago, I stepped out of bed and felt a dull ache when my left heel touched the floor. I felt it again when I got out of bed this morning, and intermittently when I walked.

Tomorrow night I'm going back to Academy, hoping for a good sale on a better pair of shoes. Ones where the insoles come out and the orthotics can go in. Meanwhile I'm treading gingerly with bare feet inside my penultimate purchase, which has my orthotics. I will probably wear those to work tomorrow. They're a little worn looking, and it's better than limping or muttering childbirth words.

In more exciting news, I have my quarterly diabetes checkup tomorrow morning, and I think my wonderful doctor is going to be pleased.

I really had fun drawing last night. Stayed up too late and am likely to do it again tonight. Starting right about now.

No comments: