About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Swatching Louisa, Continued

I saw this sweater in a recent magazine:
http://www.coldwatercreek.com/aspx/product.aspx?np=true&channel=1&productId=28572&deptId=1&ensembleId=32339&cmPageViewId=C11140000

The print ad is much prettier than the photo on the website. Basically a simple cardi with loopy ribbon trim around the neck and down the fronts. Hrmmm, do I really want to buy oodles of yarn in this colorway when what I'd wind up with is a brighter version of the Rust Fibonacci? I could do a simple lace pattern for the cardi per se, to keep from going bonkers. Or I could do a pullover and not go bonkers at all, with or without lace embellishment, and just do the ribbon around the neckline.

And I've had my first request for a pair of socks, from Fourthborn's Fiance's Father. His feet are always cold, and he'd like a pair of black wool sleep socks. After all the frogging and figuring and fiddling with Socks the First and Second, a simple pair of tubes is going to be a breeze.

No comments: