About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Swatching Louisa, Continued

I saw this sweater in a recent magazine:
http://www.coldwatercreek.com/aspx/product.aspx?np=true&channel=1&productId=28572&deptId=1&ensembleId=32339&cmPageViewId=C11140000

The print ad is much prettier than the photo on the website. Basically a simple cardi with loopy ribbon trim around the neck and down the fronts. Hrmmm, do I really want to buy oodles of yarn in this colorway when what I'd wind up with is a brighter version of the Rust Fibonacci? I could do a simple lace pattern for the cardi per se, to keep from going bonkers. Or I could do a pullover and not go bonkers at all, with or without lace embellishment, and just do the ribbon around the neckline.

And I've had my first request for a pair of socks, from Fourthborn's Fiance's Father. His feet are always cold, and he'd like a pair of black wool sleep socks. After all the frogging and figuring and fiddling with Socks the First and Second, a simple pair of tubes is going to be a breeze.

No comments: