About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Romance Plumbing Service

I was bopping down the road toward work yesterday morning when I saw the back of a truck, displaying that company name. It would have made a good YouTube, just to watch me rummaging around behind my seat until I found the right tote, the one with my camera in it, and firing it up, and sending a prayer skyward that I would capture *something* recognizable while shooting out the side of the car with my eyes straight ahead.

This is what I got. Taken at 65mph with no idea where the camera was pointing. Proving that God sometimes answers even the silliest of prayers.



Click on the image to make it larger. I have no idea how to crop it using my camera’s software, and now that I’m using Firefox, I can’t cut-and-paste from here to Paint and edit there.

I was telling a couple of my co-workers about this whole adventure while showing them what the camera had captured. One of them quipped, “Yeah, if your plumbing doesn’t work, there's no romance!”

Much progress on the Stripedy Stocking yesterday. Maybe as much as a dozen rows, considering that we had a bonus Knit Night for all the regulars who for one reason or another couldn’t make it on Tuesday. I joined them for about an hour after my aerobics class, staying until the fire alarm went off.

No, I wasn’t cooking.

And some, but less, progress on Middlest’s sock. I have a smidgen over two pattern repeats left before beginning the heel flap.

I proposed a Fort Worth outing to my dinner group for tonight but am eating my words because I realized that we will be having not one, but two political hootenannies in Cowtown tonight, and traffic will be horrendous. So I may join them at the ward activity northeast of Dallas, or I may just come home and knit.

This is the last day of my Wardrobe Refashion pledge. I have bought nothing new for myself since the first of November. I’ll rejoin them after my birthday, but I reserve the right to run hog wild through the Coldwater Creek clearance racks in the meantime. Starting, perhaps, at 12:01 tomorrow morning, should I still be awake then. There’s a skirt that I have my eye on, perfect for dancing, and easily alterable when I've dropped a dress size.

Approximately thirty rounds before I start the ribbing on the Stripedy Stockings. They might be finished, this time next week. And I got the bad news at Knit Night on Tuesday that the local ribbon and button shop is closing or has closed. So I’m not sure where I will find the French silk ribbon I had in mind to garter up these stockings. Hrmmm, might have to make a trip to France. Or New York City. Or eBay. I don’t think I’m going to find what I want at JoAnn’s. [But yes, I will look.]

Really great article here about living life with a first-class mindset. I’m off to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

1 comment:

punkin said...

"... and afflict the comfortable." You make me smile.