About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tray chic! And new WIP



Or tray shabby chic, as the case may be. A gift from a friend at work who is down-sizing. Yes, I know that I will be down-sizing even more than she is, but Easter is coming, and this is perfect. It can go on the wall or up in a closet when the holiday is over. Or with the rest of the Easter stuff. [Wherever that may be.]



Did you ever think the day would come when your cell phone would be only slightly larger than your row counter?

And yes, I did begin a pair of socks for Middlest.



My first pair with this yarn, from the same manufacturer as the Ditto with which I am knitting the Stripedy Stockings. Which are now ready for their calf increases.

Good appointment with the nurse practitioner yesterday. And they have modified the jollop that I will have to drink. There are two pills that I will take, to prime the pump as it were, and then the jollop to finish the job. But only half as much as I had to drink last time. So only 6.5 gallons of it to look forward to, over the next 40 years or so.

I am still waiting on a callback for how much my co-payment will be. For now I am scheduled to have this done next Wednesday, but if the co-payment is as big as I think it will be, we will need to reschedule for the following week, after I get my fat paycheck on the 29th.

And now I really have to finish getting ready for work. Happy Wednesday, everybody!

1 comment:

Rorek said...

Oooh I can hardly wait to see and feel those toasty socks! The yarn looks really soft and warm. :D

And either your cellphone is tiny, or your row counter is huge.