About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

On the fourth (reading) day of Christmas

At Relief Society earlier this month, we were given a folder of handouts to help us find imaginative ways to celebrate the season. In 2005, the church published a list of readings in the scriptures, to correspond with the twelve days of Christmas. Some of these scriptures will be familiar to you, as they come from the KJV of the Bible. Others will be new to you, but harmonious with what you already know.

As this is a copyrighted article, I am not cutting-and-pasting each day’s reading into my blog posts. Instead, I will post the link and this notice, and you can just read that day’s portion if you choose. I would love to hear your thoughts and impressions.

Consider these my Christmas card(s) to you.

Good news [at last] for two little girls this Christmas. I’m so proud of her for finding a way to make this happen.

It took me two hours to get to work yesterday. We had sleet and ice and freezing fog, and there was one wreck in Dallas that had I-30 backed up to the easternmost edge of Arlington. So I hopped onto Lancaster, which is Division in Arlington and Jefferson through Grand Prairie and then turns into Fort Worth Avenue in Dallas, where it runs into Commerce street and Bob’s your uncle, you’re downtown. I was an hour late, and some of the office was later than that. It made for a very short work day, as I left at 11:45 to head back to Arlington for the mock trial.

That was so much fun! I hope I get to do it another time.

And then I ran a third batch of CD’s to Entertainmart and sold them at a decent price, and the ones they didn’t want to Half Price Books. I traded the money from the second transaction toward a box of really nice Christmas cards. I’ll put Lark’s ornament in one, and Trainman’s in another, and I think I will whip up an ornament for DecoratorDude [or whatever the heck I called him last time]. I am almost to the point where I can give one of the cheapie bookcases to Fourthborn

Middlest brought me a book from the manga section of the bookstore, giggling almost uncontrollably. Click here to see why. I read a couple of pages from the book but was put off by the language in the version I read, so I’m not recommending it. But cute idea.

Progress continues on the second Wollmeise sock. I am about halfway up the foot.

No comments: