1. Dinner with Brother Sushi? Check.
2. A good if brief visit with the kids and the kidlets? Check.
3. Two bags of books out of the house, and a trunkful of my beloved Robert B. Parker mysteries to give to Trainman, with any duplicates bound for Half Price Books? Check.
4. Clean laundry? Check.
5. Brother Sushi’s assent to the design I had in mind for his Christmas present? Check.
6. And his assent to the yarn I had in mind? Check.
7. A local source discovered for said yarn? No; I’ve sent an email on Ravelry to the designer of the project, asking if he can recommend an online source.
8. More audiobooks for the grand gallop to the finish on 2BDH’s scarf? Check; the Anne Perry which precedes the one that I owned [and sold on Friday], and a Terry Pratchett, just in case 12 hours of knitting/listening bliss was insufficient.
9. 2BDH’s birthday scarf done? Check. And the package wrapped? Almost. The knitting is done, and it is blocking as we speak. I knitted the last row in Relief Society yesterday and did the sewn cast-off after dinner and before leaving for choir practice.
- Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!