About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Wanted: WD-40 for my brain

My friend Alison had this link on her blog. Veddy interesting, as Arte Johnson would say...

Well, we already know that insanity is contagious; bumper stickers say that we get it from our kids, and I’m sure it goes both ways.

Because some of you have been waiting so patiently for a beauty shot of the Wollmeise. She would not sit still; sorry.



We had rain last night, buckets and buckets from the sound of it. Good sleeping weather. I would love to stay home and knit today, but there’s Knit Night tonight and a lovely train ride into BigD this morning and back to Cowtown to pick up Lorelai from the park and ride. I have a snack-size Ziploc with snippets of yarn for the art teacher at Bookgrump’s school.

Something thought-provoking that I read while at switchboard yesterday.

The Church says “thank you”.

Interesting talk with Trainman and MsSMU last night, but not enough time to give you the back-story. Remind me; it involves the ever-enigmatic Brother Abacus. Remind me, too, that I think I got a bit of insight of my own this morning.

Time will tell if it is genuine inspiration or random synaptic firings. [The dream fragments I remember were more news-of-the-weird than usual, and I am still shaking them off. Maybe I should just skip breakfast and sit down with my knitting and...]

Nahhh.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I had skipped over the article on complaining but read it today because you linked it here. Ick. Ow. I needed it right now.

Lynn said...

Yeah, me too!

Tan said...

Red, red is the color of my true love sock . . .