About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Just a quick update.

Yesterday went much better than Wednesday. We (the admin team, of which I am still a part) were supposed to have a meeting after lunch. Said meeting was canceled because our office manager had a conflict pop up. I spent the day typety-typing away, whittling down the stack of tapes in my inbox, and sending out signed documents from my attorney’s virtual outbox.

I rode home in a relatively quiet train car, knitting happily from the moment it pulled out of Union Station in Dallas until the penultimate stop before home.

I did a small, quick load of whites at the laundromat and treated myself to Bueno for dinner. I have been doing very well this week in terms of fast food. Sonic on Tuesday before Knit Night, and Bueno last night. A free chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A for breakfast on Monday or Tuesday. Less than $10.00 spent in drive-thru’s, and less than $5.00 at the deli in my office building. My fridge is emptying out, not in a scary “not enough to eat” way, but in a “nothing is going to waste” way.

I would like to be spending more at my friend’s deli, because she is an excellent cook, and I want to help her prosper. But for the moment, getting out of debt is the greater priority. Once that is accomplished, I can reinvest in her success. In the meantime, I am just going to have to content myself with praying for her.

The second sock is perking right along. I have about 20 rounds to go before the heel gusset increases begin. The train ride is a little over 10 rounds’ worth, so there is a good chance I’ll hit the mark today.

Dinner tonight with Brother Sushi, on his nickel. We haven’t discussed where. Breakfast tomorrow with BestFriend, lunch/doll meet with Fourthborn in the early afternoon, and a possible outbreak of dancing in the evening, depending on how happy my feet feel.

Wish me luck. I need to be out the door in ten minutes, fifteen tops.