About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Sometimes I forget to worry.

This is a good thing; it means that I am being obedient to specific counsel which I received 35 years ago, to “put aside worry”, or in other words to have faith. Because you/I/one cannot have fear and faith at the same time.

It wasn’t until Monday morning when I was relieving at switchboard, that I realized:

“big storms on the East Coast” + “Middlest on the East Coast” could = “Middlest in big storms on the East Coast”. So I texted her:

“You guys OK out there?”
“Yeah, most of the weather is further north. Up by DC.”
“Whew.”
“Yes, we’re very relieved. The weather is crazy this winter!”

There are only some things that I do at my desk, that I can do while I am relieving switchboard. So I spent rather more time online yesterday than is my [recent] wont. This is a link to a widget you can put on your blog so that folks so inclined may contribute directly to the Church’s humanitarian relief efforts in Haiti. I will update this blog with said widget later, possibly tonight, as I think I will be abstaining from Knit Night yet again to continue/finish the convalescence.

This fits in nicely with last week’s post about the meaning of opposition in life. Anne Perry is my other favorite living LDS (fiction) writer.

Yet another link. I sent it to NintendoMan this morning via Facebook, because I think it confirms what he does (or tries to do) as a father. So, for all you great dads out there, consider this an early Father’s Day present.

For your amusement: Churchboy Dating Service sent me another possible match. He loves to camp, fish, hike, and he’s local. Two out of four is good, but not good enough. I wonder whom they will suggest next? It’s been awhile since they offered up Brother Sushi’s profile on a platter.

Speaking of sushi, I had a few bites of it at dinner with Trainman last night. Salmon with chili oil and cilantro oil. Yay, tastebuds!

We have a sister in our ward who needed a little TLC. My counselors asked for and got volunteers to take in a few meals this week. I emailed the bishop to let him know. He responded that the brethren were going to take care of a few things in her yard on Saturday, including gathering nuts. I wrote back, “sisters = dinner; brothers = nuts (yes, I am convalescing nicely, and my warped sense of humor is limping back)”.

OK, I’m done. Be careful out there.

No comments: