About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In which Ms. Ravelled gets her packing chewed out.

Yesterday was mostly wonderful. I had a little come-to-office-manager meeting, in which I was counseled to focus. Deservedly so. Work has been challenging since we moved to the new systems in November. I am still struggling to return to my former level of efficiency and effectiveness. I nearly dropped the ball on something important last Friday. This is the first time in the ten years I have been working for the firm, that this kind of discussion has been necessary.

The irony of this is that today will get eaten up by the monthly staff meeting this morning, and this afternoon we have an office-wide corporate-mandated thing that will likely take another two hours. And I have four major projects for Attorney B, two of which need to be completed today for a trial on Monday.

Thankfully, prayer plus work frequently equals a miracle.

My flowers (on the desk at work) are gorgeous and intoxicating. Dinner last night was delicious, and the company most excellent. I do love that man! And he loved the book I gave him, Why Stop? A Guide to Texas Historical Roadside Markers. There was some drama involved in getting it here, but I had great customer service from the Texas Highways staff.

Hanging onto those thoughts as I head out to the kitchen for granola before scooting out the door. I have stuff that needs to get done, out of the office. This would not be the week to take time off...

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I hope today went smoothly and you got all the necessary things accomplished. Just think that tomorrow night you will be in the temple and that will make it all ok.

Tola said...

youre better than i. a talk like that would leave me despondent and unlikely to return from lunch, even after ten years.