About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Going to work so I can rest.

The size of my Primary class fluctuates from week to week. We had lots of good discussion yesterday. I came home, inhaled some lunch, and then Beloved and I went home teaching. We saw two of our families, came home, and napped.

I followed Firstborn’s excellent advice and transferred Beloved’s meds and chemo protocol into retrievable form. Next time we go to the ER, if there is a next time, I will be significantly more prepared.

Knit happened, although not quite as much as I would have liked. I am a little over halfway done with the second pillow front. I am twelve days out from its commencement, and it’s doubtful that I can finish it by Saturday and start on the back. My pace seems to be lagging, notwithstanding all that lovely knitting time at the family reunion.

While I was on the computer yesterday, I spent a little time scheduling bills over the next three paydays. This has been a spendy month. The cash reserves which delighted me so, last month, have gone to cover expenses. Legitimate ones, I am happy to say, not foolish splurges. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to plugging the last numbers into the balance sheet when I get paid on Friday. We should still be several hundred dollars closer to our goal, notwithstanding our having had to put the ER visit on plastic.

The new Knit Picks catalogue arrived on Saturday. There are new colors in their lace yarns, and a book I want is 40% off. I am hoping to score both, and some of their discontinued colors, on Friday.

It’s 6:30. Not the best night’s sleep I have had, but at least I woke up on the right side of the dirt! I need to get moving, so that I can take a bag of tomatoes and other veggies to a friend’s porch on my way to work. Ms. Ravelled is still in the drive-by fooding business.

Life is good.

No comments: