About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, June 09, 2012

S is for Saturday, and also for Shopping

I went to Charming Charlie but found nothing sufficiently charming to wipe out the balance on my gift card.

I went to Container Store and bought a small lacquered box (bright orange) to hold elastics and a wee plastic tote (shocking pink) to corral my headbands. There were other pretties, but I passed them by.

Next was a 40% off sale on many items at my local yarn shop, but the things I wanted were not on sale. However, they were relatively inexpensive, so I bought them anyway.

Then I stopped at Wally World long enough to pick up a half gallon of dark chocolate almond milk and a loaf of frozen garlic bread. I’m “cooking” tonight, and I’m in the mood for spaghetti with obscenely garlicky bread, which equates (in this woman’s world) to baking a loaf of Cole’s.

On the way home, I discovered that we have a Whole Foods a whole lot closer than the one which is on the way home from work. I filed that away in my mental file cabinet but was not the least bit tempted to check it out. All I wanted at that time was to come home, put my new organizing stuff away, enter the knitting needles on Ravelry, eat a turkey sandwich, and take a nap.

The headbands and elastics are now brightly corraled; the knitting needles are logged in and will very soon be put away in my studio; the turkey sandwich is down the hatch.

Naptime!

No comments: