About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Knitting, not stabbing.

Finish-itis, and a crazy week ahead.

Lots and lots and lots of happy knitting yesterday. I went from one-third done with the second section for the back, to half done, to nearly two-thirds done. Woke up a little after 4:00 and passed that mark. So, barring complications, I will finish the first pillow top in the next two or three days and cast on for the second one.

Mel and Squishy came by last night to pick up her Time Out for Women DVD and to bring me a present they bought me at A-Kon (the anime convention) last weekend: a black rubber bracelet with today’s title emblazoned on it. I will wear it to work today with my dressy black T-shirt and black slacks and conservative jewelry, just because I can.

Time to roust Beloved so we can have breakfast together before I scoot on out the door. Although he looks so cute and innocent while he sleeps, it’s tempting to just let him snooze until he wakes naturally, but he wants to get out in the garden while it’s still cool. There are weeds to slay and squirrels to fend off from our peach tree: they are already making depredations, and he’s talking about borrowing a non-lethal trap from the city. Apparently we are having a bumper crop of squirrels this year, because the winter was so mild. Rumor has it that they got in an extra breeding cycle?

Tonight we are having Chinese with the empty-nesters. I am hoping for Knit Night tomorrow but not holding my breath. I am in desperate need of a manicure; they’ve grown out so long that they’re hampering my typing, and it’s either tomorrow night or Wednesday.

No comments: