About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, June 08, 2012

Whew! [smile]

It’s been a good week at work so far. None of this hurry up and wait nonsense, just a steady stream of projects to cross off my list. I need to open a new suit for Attorney B today, and I need to tweak something for my attorney before turning it over to him for more tweaking.

I woke up dark-thirtier than normal today. On Fridays the alarm goes off fifteen minutes earlier than on other days, so that Beloved will be on time for his training as a temple ordinance worker. He got no sleep last night, he tells me. None. Nada. Zip. He says this happens about once a month. Yesterday was Big Chemo, and I am wondering if it is a reaction to something in his cocktail?

Nevertheless, he woke up cheerfully. I made two turkey sandwiches: one for my lunch, and one for his breakfast. Also found the unopened container of dishwasher detergent pods (love those!). Breakfast for me was a bowl of raisin bran. I am showered, shampooed, dressed, lunch packed, knitting in my bag, and I’ve located the triangular table that I want to put in the guest bathroom to hold the baskets which formerly went on the back of the commode and in the ugly-shelves that came off the wall when the cupboard(!) went up.

And it’s only 6:30.

My hair is (finally) long enough to French-braid. It’s a little off-center in the back. I’m calling it a design feature. It’s been about 15 years since I wore my hair this way, and last time there was only the occasional thread of silver among the dark chestnut brown. But we likes it. I wonder what Beloved will think? He is long-since out the door for the temple.

Hardly any knitting yesterday. Hoping for significantly more of it today, beginning in about ten minutes. I don’t need to leave for half an hour.

Weird. You may want to check the space-time continuum in your neck of the woods.

No comments: