About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, March 17, 2014

12.5

Almost 13. I was really surprised when I got on the scale. I noticed today that my shoes are getting loose. I may be back in my old size in a few months. I might even be able to wear the red ankle boots I bought, then couldn't zip up behind my heels.

I slept poorly last night. Went to bed at 11, woke about half past 2. Up for a couple of hours. At least I got my laundry caught up. And about an hour and a half nap after that. Which meant no gym this morning. I just got back from there after dinner. Did some weights, walked on the treadmill for five minutes, said "I'm done".

FHE tonight = two out of three. Family of one, definitely not home, but most definitely evening.

I got two birthday cards mailed off today. And my letters to the sisters on my VT route. And my music practice. I worked really hard today. SemperFi is on vacation the rest of this week. I still love being his secretary. And I'm ready to miss him for a few days.

On balance, a good day and a good start to the rest of the week. I'm going to read a little Harry Potter and call it a day.

No comments: