About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Dinner with Brother Sushi.

Boy, did I need that! He is such a good and constant friend. And the perfect antidote to a frustrating and exhausting day at work. Plus, I have leftovers. Maggiano's is having a special: order a stuffed pasta entrée, and they send you home with another to heat and enjoy later. I ate about a third of my entrée last night and will portion out the remainder for future lunches.

The bonus entrée will go into the freezer until I can get desensitized to tomatoes. There's a narrow ribbon of sauce down the middle as a garnish. I was so tired last night that I thought I would just have to find a new home for it.

Heading to the gym in a few minutes. Then to the grocery store to get things I need, but not in Costco quantities. Costco after that. A surprise party this afternoon. And a meet and greet at a gallery in BigD tonight for Peter Max. (Unless they have postcards for sale, I won't be able to buy any of his work. Who'd have thought a girl from Idaho would ever get to meet a cultural icon from the 70's.) In between, knitting and study and art practice and music practice and maybe even a nap.

Brother Sushi apologized for starting his dinner with a salad, when I didn't want one. I told him it was OK, because I drank my salad at breakfast.

No comments: