About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Update.

I had a far more clever title, but I've slept since then. Intermittently well.  I'm learning how to eat. Yesterday I came out just about right in terms of calories, sodium, carbs, and protein. My ankles were happy. My feet were only the teensiest bit swollen at bedtime. I tried on the red boots. Both feet went in! There was still significant pressure on the tops of my feet, and the boots came right back off, but it was the first time I was able to get my left foot all the way in. So maybe this fall I will be wearing those boots to church. And maybe a year from now I will be wearing them to work.

Today has been less successful in terms of food. I know I haven't eaten anywhere near enough calories. Or protein. On the other hand, I haven't tried to fill up on junk food. So I'm still moving in the right direction. My doctor is very pleased with me. I'm doing more actual cooking. But it takes time away from my music and art.

I have so many things I want to say. And I have got to go to bed. Probably the most important thing that happened today was a good long talk with Middlest after work.

Remind me to share the most important thing I learned at the hockey game on Saturday. Hint: it had nothing to do with hockey.

No comments: