About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, February 08, 2015

And he wrote back!

There was a lovely email waiting for me when I got home from church, and an invitation to friend him on Facebook. Which I did.

I've spent a couple of hours today organizing my boards on Pinterest. Because my kitchen is in disarray (again), and it's the Sabbath, so the only progress I will allow myself in that quarter today will be the running of the dishwasher once I've finished dinner.

I'm getting a new phone this week, courtesy of Firstborn, who called while Fourthborn and I were out and about yesterday afternoon.

Fourthborn and I went back to Working the Flea to pick up the turquoise picture frame we spotted last weekend. I am going to turn it into something awesome.

We got the metal shelving unit angled out from the kitchen wall and a good chunk of two layers of wallpaper removed. We hope to finish that next Saturday.

Choir today was amazing. We sang in sacrament meeting. The other alto was AWOL due to illness, so my VT sang my part with me while she conducted. I'm hitting notes I never could, before. And at choir practice this afternoon I began learning the alto for three of my favorite hymns: If You Could Hie to Kolob, I Saw A Mighty Angel Fly, and Adam-ondi-Ahman.

And at choir practice I learned that one of our recent move-ins teaches voice.

In other news, I had a phone conference with a health coach on Friday and signed up for an exercise challenge. I also started using the Healthy Now app to track my protein and carb intake. It confirmed that I am still undereating, but at least now I have a way to track that and bring everything into better balance. I have been working on a good sized salad for the past hour or so. And I need another 125g carbs and 73g protein and 400+ calories. All of which must be in the pipeline before 11:00pm, as my well woman is tomorrow at 9:00, and they want me fasting for 10 hours.

I'm getting a massage tomorrow afternoon, from Pearl, whom I used to see when I lived in Fort Worth before marrying Beloved. She hasn't seen me for nearly two years. This is going to be fun!

OK, salad is now down the hatch. I'm going to see what some hummus and whole grain crackers do for my totals. And maybe a salmon burger?

No comments: