About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lots of little bits of progress.

Two walls of the breakfast nook are painted. I love it. Right now it's looking a little 80's retro, but furniture in place and art on the walls will mitigate that. Tola calls this Tiffany blue, and in the picture it's certainly a close match, but in real life it's just a smidgen greener.

When I got home from dinner with Brother Sushi and his fiancée, the brain part of me wanted to shove things around in the living room so I could get at the vinyl plank flooring. The rest of me told it to hush. The rest of me won. I went to bed a little after 9:00 and woke a little after 5:00.

So what all got done yesterday? Second coat of paint on the kitchen ceiling. The aforementioned walls. Front porch uncluttered and swept. New doormat in place. The picture I knocked off the wall, reframed. The quilled paper picture of a Vietnamese woman in traditional dress, reeling silk, framed. Paint spatters on my feet and the hem of my good jeans. I mistakenly grabbed them instead of my painty jeans, which are now at least two sizes too big, so maybe it's for the best. The good jeans are about a size too big now. This might have been the universe telling me to demote them.

Today I will be shuffling furniture in my mind, trying to find the best configuration of the pieces I already own. And planning my after work projects for the coming week. I love that my kitchen is more functional than it was three weeks ago. And I want my living room back. That will require greatly improved storage in the breakfast nook. I have three drawers in my kitchen. Three. Drawers.

But for now I need to set that aside and get ready for church, followed by family history work and Downton Abbey with Mel and Squishy.

No comments: