About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Lots of little bits of progress.

Two walls of the breakfast nook are painted. I love it. Right now it's looking a little 80's retro, but furniture in place and art on the walls will mitigate that. Tola calls this Tiffany blue, and in the picture it's certainly a close match, but in real life it's just a smidgen greener.

When I got home from dinner with Brother Sushi and his fiancée, the brain part of me wanted to shove things around in the living room so I could get at the vinyl plank flooring. The rest of me told it to hush. The rest of me won. I went to bed a little after 9:00 and woke a little after 5:00.

So what all got done yesterday? Second coat of paint on the kitchen ceiling. The aforementioned walls. Front porch uncluttered and swept. New doormat in place. The picture I knocked off the wall, reframed. The quilled paper picture of a Vietnamese woman in traditional dress, reeling silk, framed. Paint spatters on my feet and the hem of my good jeans. I mistakenly grabbed them instead of my painty jeans, which are now at least two sizes too big, so maybe it's for the best. The good jeans are about a size too big now. This might have been the universe telling me to demote them.

Today I will be shuffling furniture in my mind, trying to find the best configuration of the pieces I already own. And planning my after work projects for the coming week. I love that my kitchen is more functional than it was three weeks ago. And I want my living room back. That will require greatly improved storage in the breakfast nook. I have three drawers in my kitchen. Three. Drawers.

But for now I need to set that aside and get ready for church, followed by family history work and Downton Abbey with Mel and Squishy.

No comments: