About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Thursday's project

I've already posted this on Facebook, so please excuse if you've seen it. The colors aren't true; that wall is a much more bluish green. And if you look carefully, reflected in the glass of the shadowbox is the bargello printed upholstery which graces my wing chair.

The two rectangular plates were a Christmas gift from Firstborn and 1BDH. The ceramic tile inside the shadowbox was a handout in Relief Society earlier this year. I thought that my friend B had made it, but she commented on FB that it had been done by the sister in the missionary couple who had served in our ward. I knew the three pieces would work together, and would fit in the space between my large picture of a smiling Savior and the front door.

I have the glass to finish my narrow butterfly print that I bought at Main Street Arts Festival, for which I scored that bargain of a custom frame at an online shop. I had (vaguely) planned to finish putting that together today, but Middlest is finally sleeping, and it's late, so I will defer the hammering and finagling until a more reasonable hour.


In other news, when I awoke from my much-needed nap an hour ago and looked for my knitting bag, it was not hanging on the back of my bedroom door. I looked around my room. I looked around the living room. I looked at the back of the door; it had not magically appeared while I was looking elsewhere. I wondered if I had left it at the restaurant on Tuesday night, so I called them to see if it was in their lost and found. Finally I looked inside a large reusable shopping bag which typically hangs out in the kitchen but was sitting in a corner of my room. Bingo! So now if you will kindly excuse me, I'm going to work on my shawl.

No comments: