About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Praxis

Practice, as distinguished from theory; accepted practice or custom. I was cleaning out my inbox this evening, and while reading the newest Snippets (from Mason Dixon Knitting) was led to this and from that, to the website 100 Acts of Sewing. And several new vocabulary words. Enclothed Cognition being another example.

I like learning new stuff.

It's been a weird day. I did get the front and back joined at the shoulder and a few rows worked before church. It was lovely and cool, thanks to Harvey. It was incredibly humid, also thanks to Harvey. As a result, my joints began screaming once I got to church, and I left after sacrament meeting. Fixed lunch, took two ibuprofen, set the alarm for 5:00, and slept through it until 5:30, when Fourthborn knocked on my door to say that the home teacher/visiting teacher were here. I struggled into my bra, put on pajama pants, grabbed my glasses, and came out to be sociable.

Fourthborn's surgery is early tomorrow morning. I will be setting my alarm for obnoxious bleeping sound instead of classical music, so that I will not sleep through it.

And now I'm going to fix a healthy snack, knit a little, and go back to bed. Apparently this is one of those weekends that is meant to be spent horizontal and unconscious.

No comments: