About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The back part of the second vest is done.

I've got three rows worked on the front part but needed to take a break and fold some laundry.

Had a really good day at work. Steadily busy, and no ugly surprises in my workflow.

Have booked an appointment for dark-thirty on Saturday morning for the 125K mile checkup on the Tardis: rotate tires, check the brakes. She also needs an oil change, and it might be time to replace the battery.

Braum's was out of buttermilk when I stopped in to restock after picking up a prescription. Sigh...

I'm hoping that this weekend involves nothing more complicated than knitting and naps after the Tardis's checkup is done. I'm still recouping my energy after last weekend. Middlest, last we spoke, was feeling lousy, slightly grumpy (but understandably so) and is presently sawing logs while Fourthborn noodles on the laptop and I blog.

In my Book of Mormon listening while I drive to work, I'm almost to the end of the Book of Moroni, and his sadness and loneliness are palpable. I can't imagine being on the run for 20 years, the last surviving member of a once-great nation, pursued by the descendants of his unrepentant uncles. When I meet him on the other side, after I thank him for keeping the records and loaning them to the prophet Joseph for translation, I want to bear-hug him and hand him a brownie.

Because nothing says thank you for saving my life like chocolate with love baked into every bite.

No comments: