About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

A long week.

I made it to work all four days from Tuesday through Friday. Got my emails wrangled. Got my ToDo's pretty much whipped into shape. Got all of the outgoing mail sent. Reviewed the mail my coworkers wrangled while I was out and deleted those folders. Endured three separate meetings and watched switchboard during a meeting for the admin team.

Came home the first three nights tired but triumphant and grateful. Came home last night grateful for my anti-anxiety and muscle relaxer prescriptions. Not to mention 28 minutes of inadvertent overtime. I was ready to pinch SemperFi's head off. I was almost ready to email the office manager and ask her to assign me to someone else.

At home, Middlest was having an equally difficult day. When I messaged to saying that my day had gone south at the end and that I was taking myself out to dinner so as not to bring that toxicity home with me, my kid asked me to bring something home as well. And then my phone went berserk as I walked down to the Tardis and sent Middlest about a dozen crying/screaming stickers, which I didn't see until I was halfway home, and which didn't help my beloved child's mental state at all.

I decided that Panera take-out was a more sensible solution than the steak/baked sweet/Caesar salad (surrounded by people) that I'd initially envisioned. So I picked up my dinner and hit Bueno for Middlest's, put Middlest's on the kitchen counter, and took mine to my room.

I was almost immediately grateful that Middlest had asked me to do a small kindness, and it was almost immediately effective in beginning to turn my attitude around. I knitted a little after dinner, read my scriptures, and crashed somewhat earlier than I've been doing since going back to work.

Today has been a good day. Adequate rest last night, successful runs to Daiso (for disposable face masks) then Costco then home. Quick lunch after helping to put the food away. Lovely nap. Knitting in companionable silence while Middlest ate dinner. Loading the dishwasher and making my own dinner, eaten with my legs up in bed. After which I ran to Braum's for the usual plus a dozen eggs and a package of discounted white chocolate macadamia nut cookies that I have divvied up for lunches next week.

I've downloaded the first book in one of my favorite mystery series (Lord Peter Wimsey) to my Kindle for re-reading. It's time to take my evening meds, sort out my pills for next week, and go knit or read until I'm ready to sleep again.

I am so looking forward to attending church tomorrow. I haven't been well enough to attend in almost a month. I need to take the sacrament, and I want to see my friends and fellowship with them.

No comments: