About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, January 07, 2018

First FO of 2018!


First finished object of the new year. Knitted "necklace" from Daniel Yuhas's Knitting from the Center Out ~ a find at Half Price Books several weeks ago. His design features two yarns and round after round of twisted knit stitches. I opted for Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk Painted (the first yarn I've liked from that company) and no twisted stitches.

I've now cast on Willow Cowl by Amelia Lyon. I'm knitting it in the same Araucania yarn that I gave to my sister for Christmas. The shop owner wound the ball for me and forgot to pop the ball band into the core of the ball, so I've emailed my sister to ask her for specs. I'm three rows in on the picot hem at the bottom, knitting it very carefully on DP's. This will be a stay-at-home project unless and until I move it onto a circular needle. I've only dropped one stitch thus far.

No comments: