About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Kind of a weird but good day.

Lots and lots of sleeping. I could probably get an Olympic medal for sleeping. Not much else has happened. Less coughing than yesterday. A little coloring while listening to "Adventures in Music" tonight. Several more chapters in the novel I'm reading. Multiple trips to the shipping notice to see if my latest order is still hung up in Cologne (Koeln). It is.

I did a (very) little work on my taxes today. Changed my password, confirmed my personal information, and entered a handful of numbers. I set the timer in the kitchen so I would not lose track of time and sit here too long.

The Cranberries' lead singer is dead at 46. I loved her voice. Cause of death is not known at this time. She leaves three children. I hope she is at peace, and I pray that her family may be comforted.

Today is Beloved's fifth angelversary. Ordinarily, I try to spend this day in service to others, but that's difficult when I'm convalescing. I'm pretty much limited to prayers (not a small thing), positive thoughts, and scattering joy on Facebook.

One of the best things that happened was finding the name of an artist I'd never heard of (Rackstraw Downes) in an interview of an LDS artist on Segullah, googling him, and IMing Fourthborn's roommate the artist's name. As I'd hoped, my friend was delighted.

Another good thing was a picture my dear friend R shared on Facebook, painted by a Haitian artist, of Dr. King gently shushing the POTUS. I shared that as well, and I will probably get unfriended by a lot of people for it, but the man is anything but presidential. I was not a huge fan of the prior POTUS's politics, but I respected him as a human being. I wish I could say that for the sitting one.

Happy thoughts, need some happy thoughts. OK, here's one: I spent a few minutes this afternoon whirring ginger cookie crumbs in the food processor and adding them to the stash in the freezer. I think we are almost to the point where I can use them as the crust for a pumpkin cheesecake.

A very happy thought, indeed!

No comments: