About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, November 19, 2018

A wee experiment tonight.

I decided that during and after dinner, I wanted to read several pages in the CIA History that I shelved as being not precisely edifying while I was on my social media fast last month, and then read again or listen again to Elder Bednar's most recent address, which was our topic in Relief Society yesterday, after which I would read my allotted segment of The Book of Mormon and, if my eyelids were still cooperative, grab my freshly-charged Kindle and do some recreational reading. I've managed the first three and am about to gather my meds, my snack-with-meds, and enjoy a few minutes with my Kindle.

I wore my Cardi Cozy to work today. Observations: do not wear a mohair sweater while also wearing lap and shoulder belts. Pilling does not even begin to describe it. More like miniature tumbleweeds. I also need to lint-roll the front and back of my shirt and my skirt. When the office warmed enough around midday that my sweater was superfluous, all of my curves sported a halo of fuzz.

We get to dress uber-casually tomorrow. I will wear the T-shirt my friend Amy brought back from a business trip, from a cafe called [Beloved]'s that specialized in soul food. That shirt surfaced recently. I'd like to wear it at least once before the tides on that side of the room suck it under again.

My eyes are growing heavy. This will have to do for today.

No comments: