About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Things misheard and unsaid.

On the drive to work this morning, the DJ announced that we would shortly be listening to Mendelssohn's "Ruy Blas Overture." I heard "Wee Glass Overture," and thought, well, he was rather fond of Scotland.

The guy who examined my receipt at Costco tonight was named Chance. I thought, he's not a Fat Chance, and he's not quite a Slim Chance. I guess he's a Reasonable Chance? When I told Middlest, my beloved child said, "And he's not a Chance in Hell." Middlest for the win.

Last night I finished the second baby sock and wove in all of the ends. I also read a great swathe in last week's edition of The Economist. I'm getting faster, and I'm starting to remember bits from week to week, or at least that I read something about a subject in a previous issue. The third issue arrived on Monday. I'm hoping to finish last week's edition before calling it a day.

Mid-term elections are over. I'm mostly pleased with the outcome. Pete Sessions has represented Texas well (in most respects) for 22 years. It was time for some fresh blood, and we got it. And Beto came within three points of beating Ted Cruz.

In further knitting news, I am having so much fun knitting Leftie.

This is the part where I publish and then work on my calling as chorister. We have the Primary program next Sunday and Thanksgiving the week after that. So I'll be able to knock out two weeks' worth of numbers in one email.

Later, gators.

No comments: