About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, November 09, 2018

The fridge at work.

It gets gross and smelly on a regular basis. About every two or three months, one or the other of us will send out an email letting people know that at 2:00pm on Friday, the fridge is getting mucked out. This week, I was the one who had had enough. This is the email that I sent out on Wednesday:

Subject: The fridge (ominous background music)

The fridge is beginning to smell like a bacteriology lab. (If I can smell it after decades of sinus trouble, you know it’s bad!) C. and I will be donning our hazmat suits at 2:00 on Friday afternoon. You know the drill: all expired and otherwise suspicious items will be tossed. If you value it, please eat it up or take it home. Thank you!

Which led to this exchange with one of my attorneys:

J: You should have the Poltergeist help you! 😂

[Backstory: a few weeks ago I walked into the supply room and found a clean bowl and spoon on one of the shelves. Somebody blamed it on a poltergeist.]

Me: Nope. She'd just leave it in the supply room.

J: Haha!

Fast forward to a much improved fridge, and this follow-up email:

Subject: The fridge (update)

Birds are singing. Butterflies are fluttering. Lambs are frolicking. Vivaldi is playing softly in the background. (i.e., the fridge has been divested of all things expired, freezer-burned, or impersonating a petri dish).

Your friendly neighborhood hazmat team, C. and me.

(That's all I've got for y'all today. Over and out.)

No comments: