About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, March 07, 2021

Fat-bottomed Loo

Still getting used to it. It's louder and faster than the prior one. Massive whoosh with less water, and done. No longer need to fill up the tank with a one-quart measuring cup before flushing. All very nice. But the Squatty Potty doesn't fit neatly against the base, so it either tilts up at the back or juts out at the front, creating a possible tripping hazard.

Definitely not something I could have foreseen.

In knitting news, I'll finish another baby sock before bedtime and cast on its mate. I'm currently 4.5 pairs of socks behind the goal which I set when the pandemic sent us home, that of two pairs a month. Still, it's an impressive haul. Not sure if I'll stop when this pair is done or extend the challenge. I'm ready to knit a pair of self-striping socks from my recent Modern Daily Knitting purchase to coordinate with my Gudrun outfits and petticoats.

The sock is calling my name, and I need to catch up on my reading.

No comments: