About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Keyboard a l'orange

It was a hell of a day in the neighborhood. A hell of a day for a neighbor. But I'm glad that you're my neighbor.

I managed to spill half of my orange juice onto my desk while setting up. A few drops splashed into my work keyboard. All seemed well until I attempted to email one of my attorneys. This is the sentence which my efforts produced:

I was inally able to igure out a way to save it to the ile.

I literally had no F's to give. Funny, now, but not so much when it happened.

This necessitated a couple of phone calls and then a trip to a coworker's house, as she's our IT person and lives half a dozen miles from me and had a spare keyboard.

I slipped a couple of errands in while I was out, and I ended up taking nearly two hours of PTO in the late morning, which cut into my productivity like you wouldn't believe. On the other hand, I enjoyed a fresh, hot chicken pot pie for an early lunch at my keyboard (eaten with one hand under my spoon as it passed across the new keyboard), and some Ghirardelli dark and I'm not going to tell you how much blueberry cheesecake ice cream.

I am now retiring to my boudoir to sulk while watching multiple episodes of "New Tricks" and knitting away on the gorgeously self-striping sock. That yarn really stands up to multiple bouts of frogging, and I couldn't be more pleased with it.

No comments: