About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, March 01, 2021

Oh, bleep.

Oh, bleep! Oh, bleep! Oh, Bleep! OH, BLEEP!!!!!

So, we've been waiting a few weeks for the part to come in, to fix the commode in my bathroom. Our wonderful plumber came this morning, only to discover that the part doesn't fit. Further research revealed that my wonderful, eco-conscious, ergonomic dual-flush commode has been discontinued. It has now been replaced with a wonderful, ergonomic, reasonably eco-conscious model with a traditional lever handle. To the tune of several hundred dollars. I've arranged for a transfusion from my credit union so that I may pay for this.

Our wonderful plumber checked the washing machine, out in the garage, to discover that its refusal to drain is not a plumbing problem. That freezing spell killed something in our two-month-old washer. I've put the word out on our Relief Society Facebook group for the name of a reputable repairman. I've also arranged for a withdrawal from my 401K to cover whatever this is going to cost me.

I also need to come up with $2K apiece for dental work for the bipolar bears. I could really use a good cry about now, but I can tell that it's stuck in crosswise. You're likely to find me eating my feelings for the next few days.

Oh, bleep.

No comments: