About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, March 06, 2021

The week got (somewhat) better

On Thursday I went down to the office and printed the mail for everyone. We are doing a 9-10 day rotation. It mostly went well. The postage meter jammed when I ran a bunch of envelopes just before taking my lunch. After a couple of phone calls, I was able to get it running again. On the drive to and from the office, I listened to roughly an hour and a half of Anna Karenina. There are just under eight and a half hours remaining. There is light at the end of my reading tunnel.

I've also begun reading Lady Susan on my Kindle app. I wonder if this was the first work featuring a female anti-hero in the English language. It was written c.1793-1794 but not published until 1871. Anna Karenina was written in 1873. Wuthering Heights was written in 1846. (I do not consider Catherine a heroine. I think she's a spoiled brat.) Gone with the Wind was written in 1935. (I do not consider Scarlett a heroine, either.)

Next week is going to be incredibly busy. And spendy. Dentist on Monday. Our second Moderna vaccine shots on Wednesday, with the distinct possibility of being knackered for the next several days. Thankfully, we will not be out any cash for that. And on Thursday, the repairman is coming to work on the washing machine.

I've watched the entirety of Scott & Bailey this past week. It was well-written but not exactly edifying. I've signed up for BritBox as of today, and I'm watching Rosemary & Thyme as a palate cleanser. The writing and acting are not particularly good, but it's funny at odd moments.

Brain and Body seem to be in agreement that I could go to bed right now and maybe sleep through the night.

No comments: