About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, March 15, 2021

Running on empty

I stayed up way too late last night, or should I say this morning, watching New Tricks on Britbox. I am learning all manner of British slang, much of it in the realm of childbirth words. Think R.E.D. (the first one; I haven't seen the second one as yet) but with retired cops instead of retired spies. The soundtrack is rocking!

I am drowning at work. We had our dental cleanings on Monday. I spent the rest of the day reading and watching Rosemary & Thyme. We got our second vaccinations last Wednesday, and right before I was due to log in on Thursday, I had spectacular rumblies in my tumblies. I gratefully accepted the option of taking the day off to recover.There was only the one episode, but I really didn't want to be more than five feet from the loo, just in case.

That same day, the washing machine repairman came and determined what the problem is. A pump has burned out, and thankfully it's covered by warranty, but he had to order the part. With any luck, he will be back this coming Thursday to install it.

Wednesday I will be going in to the office to print off and send out the mail. I don't anticipate getting much done in the way of my attorneys' dockets that day. I may need to request more overtime. I'm good, and I'm thorough, but "we have learned by sad experience" that there are only so many things one can accomplish in a given chunk of time, even with the assistance of one's guardian angels.

Mine are probably on furlough after protecting me during that tumble down the stairs four weeks ago tomorrow

In knitting news, I finished another pair of baby socks.

I am one tired mama, and I suspect that the Insomnia Fairy has plans for me tonight. Wish me luck.

No comments: