About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

a veryquickpost (I hope)

Because it's nearly 9:30, and I'm just finishing dinner, and I want to watch the conclusion of a series which is fascinating and well-made, and I'm not going to recommend it because of the F-bombs, of which there are a plethora. I just want to watch them de-fang the bad guys before I go to bed.

Foodie review: (1) the spinach and cheese cannelloni from Costco is delicious. Fourthborn and I both liked it for dinner last night, and I had my leftovers for lunch today. There's too much spinach in it for Middlest's taste. (2) the meatloaf and mashed potatoes from Costco are even better. That was tonight's dinner and will be my lunch tomorrow. (3) Middlest and Fourthborn tried the pasta salad today, and both enjoyed the flavor; however, something in there gave Fourthborn an achy mouth afterwards. I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect that it will be something for Middlest and me to split as a karma-balancer against the cannelloni.

I'm enjoying Love in the Time of Cholera. I commented elsewhere that so far it feels rather like Jane-Austen-goes-to-Bogota-instead-of-Bath. Lots of irony. More than a few laugh-out-loud moments. The descriptions of the sanitary conditions which I heard on tonight's drive home were almost enough to put me off my feed for the evening. You might want to skip that part if you're reading ~ it's brief, but realistic and gross ~ or go la-la-la-I-can't-hear-you if you're listening to the audio version.

No more typing for me tonight. I'm officially *done* with hyphens for one day.

No comments: