About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, May 08, 2022

Toujours, et al

One of the side effects of bingeing four seasons of Balthazar is that random French words and phrases pop into my head often and out of my mouth more frequently than usual, to the bewilderment of my bipolar bears.

Toujours = always, but it can mean ever or still

Tous les jours = every day, or everyday

Toute la journée = all day

I don't remember thinking about these subtleties when I was learning French in high school, or when I was resurrecting it after 9-1-1.

I have to wait until next March for the fifth and final series of Balthazar.  Insert crabby growl ici.

In Mother's Day news, zero zip zilch nada sign of the usual yearly neurosis regarding same. Fourthborn and I had dinner at Firstborn's with 1BDH, Willow, and my BFF'S eldest, who has just returned from a girls' trip to Paris with her siblings, aunt, niece, and BFF

I've slept a lot this weekend. I'll be resuming the position shortly, but the Atlantic daily crossword puzzle drops in about two minutes, and I'm hoping to end the day in a blaze of glory.

 

No comments: