About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, May 07, 2022

Wednesday was not a good day.

I successfully fought drowsiness while driving through fog to work, arriving in the garage at ten minutes past the hour. Backed Diana into her parking space, turned off the engine, gathered up my stuff to exit, and woke up half an hour later.

I continued to fend off drowsiness for much of my workday, waking thoroughly just in time for a blessedly uneventful drive home.

I'd had labs drawn on Tuesday morning for yesterday's appointment with my hematologist. Reviewed the results with him, and I'll be getting a third iron infusion. Hemoglobin and hematocrit are about where they were last August. I also have thrombocytosis (elevated platelets). I envision my weary red blood cells as emaciated French waiters, each bearing aloft a tray loaded with platelets.

From the doctor's office I drove down to La Madeleine, where I was meeting a work friend for lunch, which was lovely. I came home and went almost immediately back to bed, where I slept for several hours. Got up and ate half of my share of Caesar salad. Watched an episode or two of Balthazar. Went back to bed a little after midnight and slept fitfully for maybe four hours.

I've taken my vitamins and eaten some breakfast and finished a partial bottle of water. The French waiters are demanding a post-prandial nap.

 

No comments: