About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Catching up, more or less

I'm about halfway through Love in the Time of Cholera and still enjoying it. I'll warn you: there's some wedding-night sensuality, and my blushing mechanism is still running at 100%.

Had my third iron infusion on Monday afternoon, and I'm starting to perk up again. Today I went to in-person church, and I only started getting drowsy toward the very end of the hour.

Best thing before church (other than making it there on time, by the skin of my teeth) was being greeted by a young friend whose face lit up when she saw me, and the toddler girl two rows ahead of me who grinned and said, "HI!" even though she's never seen me before. Best thing after church was visiting with my friends Sarah and Jacob. I love them both *so much* for no particular reason other than they are great kids, and the love is mutual. There are just people who get you, and you get them, and it makes a bright spot in the road which we call life. We chatted there, all of us masked out of mutual respect, and I told them that I wished I could scoop both of them up and tuck them into my heart.

Thursday night I got to see the dress rehearsal of the play that Sarah is in. She's currently playing Truvy in a local production of Steel Magnolias, and every member of the cast was as brilliant and perfect as she. I have been wanting to see her act for several years, but the plague got in the way, and last summer there was Lark's wedding.

I read this article this afternoon and posted it on FB with some commentary. ("I've done personal therapy, couples therapy, family therapy, and more personal therapy, all of which helped and blessed me in one way or another. I had a couple of booster-shot sessions just before the pandemic which reassured me that I had my head on straight. It might be time for another couple of sessions, to help me put my past and present health challenges and their effects on my life as a whole, into context.")  In proof-reading before posting, I had that brief prickle of tears that is one way in which the Spirit speaks to me. And then the brief impression that even more than a therapy booster shot, I need a massage, and I need it SOON. So I pulled up another window, found a Massage Envy that is on my way home from work, and booked a massage for Tuesday immediately after work.

Hugs from the bipolar bears and my other children are wonderful and they do not begin to address my hunger for touch. Since Beloved is not allowed to make conjugal visits ~ he did show up in one of my dreams yesterday, but as usual we were working together on some project, and while I was attempting to get him alone for something a little more personal, he was focused on the task at hand, and then he walked out of the dream and I woke up.

No comments: