About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, May 23, 2022

Today was deliberately restful.

I took Middlest to his dental appointment, then dashed up to my PCP's to pick up additional documentation for a reimbursement claim which was denied. I brought him home and took Fourthborn to upgrade her phone.

I cooked the meatloaf and mashed potato dinner from Costco and savored half of my share while finishing my online friend Ashley's new novel on my Kindle.

I went on to read a short story by Margaret Atwood. I greatly enjoyed the first 95% of it and was disgusted by the completely unnecessary F-bombs in the last few pages. I have since returned the book.

I took a lengthy nap, have worked tomorrow's Atlantic crossword, and am waiting for midnight to play Wordle. After which, I intend to go back to bed.

I realize that some of you may not think this a particularly restful day, but all of the outside errands were completed before noon, and I have been a happy introvert since then.

No comments: