About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Jitterbug socks get some culture

No pictures, however, as I have not yet opened the box with the rechargeable batteries since buying it on Saturday. I'm almost ready to try my first toe-up heel flaps

The sofa table is finished and set up behind the sofa. Also no pictures of that, for the same reason. You would think with all the measuring that I did before starting the table, that it would not stand approximately 3" higher than the back of the sofa. You would be wrong. But it's good enough for who it's for, as an old friend used to say. The lamps are in place, and my two folk art horses between them, and I have probably less than half an hour's work to get the dining room table looking civilized again.

Secondborn sat between Firstborn and me at LittleBit's choir concert. [Firstborn was one of the choir director's seniors the first year she taught at this school.] The music was excellent tonight, from the freshmen girls on up to the graduating seniors. However, grandson-to-be is not excessively fond of kettledrums! I alternated between knitting and patting the baby bump. I am happily exhausted; it's been a long day on little sleep.

I'm actually home tomorrow night, quelle shock, and Thursday we have Lark's junior high concert. We should hear tomorrow if LittleBit made it into show choir for next year. Firstborn is auditioning with the city chorus later this year, and I think I'll do the same a year from now. Enjoying LittleBit's senior year is a somewhat higher priority.

Must. Go. Sleep.

They better not rehearse on knit night!

No comments: