About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

For You Refashionistas Out There

But more particularly for my own dear Fourthborn. I discovered Threadbangers via Wardrobe Refashion. Here is the link to their blog, and one to their videos.

This is good, too; I subscribe through Bloglines.

In knitting news, I have four more increase rows on the Stripedy Stocking, and I am running out of yarn at almost exactly the same place I did on the first one. So the stocking, the waning ball, and the third ball that I dipped into for the ribbing on the first stocking, will all go to work with me this morning. I didn’t touch Middlest's sock yesterday; I’ll take it with me today but may not work on it until tonight.

“No strenuous activity for 48 hours” translates into no water aerobics tonight [or all week for that matter; it was crazy-cold and windy on Monday night, and I didn’t know if the congestion was allergy or something contagious; I’m pretty sure now that it’s because of all those Bradford pears blooming outside]. Thankfully, I will be able to go dancing tomorrow night.

And I can’t take one of my prescriptions for a week because of the whole “don’t want to bleed to death” thing. But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, I am enjoying the play very much.

I found this after a Sister of the Wool posted a couple of links for world’s fastest knitter on our group’s board.

And I had a little falling-down in the sock pattern department yesterday. If you’re on Ravelry, it’s the last item in my queue. If you’re not, here’s a link. She had me at “red sock”.

No comments: