About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, March 06, 2008

For You Refashionistas Out There

But more particularly for my own dear Fourthborn. I discovered Threadbangers via Wardrobe Refashion. Here is the link to their blog, and one to their videos.

This is good, too; I subscribe through Bloglines.

In knitting news, I have four more increase rows on the Stripedy Stocking, and I am running out of yarn at almost exactly the same place I did on the first one. So the stocking, the waning ball, and the third ball that I dipped into for the ribbing on the first stocking, will all go to work with me this morning. I didn’t touch Middlest's sock yesterday; I’ll take it with me today but may not work on it until tonight.

“No strenuous activity for 48 hours” translates into no water aerobics tonight [or all week for that matter; it was crazy-cold and windy on Monday night, and I didn’t know if the congestion was allergy or something contagious; I’m pretty sure now that it’s because of all those Bradford pears blooming outside]. Thankfully, I will be able to go dancing tomorrow night.

And I can’t take one of my prescriptions for a week because of the whole “don’t want to bleed to death” thing. But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, I am enjoying the play very much.

I found this after a Sister of the Wool posted a couple of links for world’s fastest knitter on our group’s board.

And I had a little falling-down in the sock pattern department yesterday. If you’re on Ravelry, it’s the last item in my queue. If you’re not, here’s a link. She had me at “red sock”.

No comments: