Found this on Crumpet’s blog. She was my assassin in the first Sock Wars.
1. Where is your mobile phone? desk
2. Your significant other? imaginary
3. Your hair? spiky
4. Your mother? Heaven
5. Your father? likewise
6. Favorite thing? dancing
7. Dream last night? maybe
8. Favorite drink? milk
9. Your dream/goal? exaltation
10. Room you’re in? chilly
11. Your ex? which?
12. Your fear? falling
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? cottage
14. Where were you last night? home
15. What you’re not? boring
16. Muffins? homemade
17. One of your wish list items? books
18. Where you grew up? Idaho
19. The last thing you did? breakfast
20. What are you wearing? jammies
21. Your TV? hand-me-down
22. Your pet? none
23. Your computer? hand-me-down
24. Your life? peaceful
25. Your mood? content
26. Missing someone? Middlest
27. Your car? Lancer
28. Something you’re not wearing? shoes
29. Favorite store? bookstore
30. Your summer? ahead
31. Like someone? many
32. Your favorite color? red
33. When is the last time you laughed? Saturday
In other news, I could almost taste the oatmeal cookies yesterday. Ditto the horseradish in the leftover mashed potatoes [of which there are a plethora]. And in a variation upon SuburbanCorrespondent’s request, I’ve added an email link at the top of the left sidebar on my main page. I was nervous about clicking “show email” on my profile page. But apparently I can just show the email there, too, without advertising “This woman has vintage knitting and quilting books; please come steal them.” So I’ve done that, too; you now have options. If not necessarily Options.
And in major knitting news, here we have a heel:
And a gusset:
And [are you sitting down?] a toe:
I did a modified three-needle bind-off on this sock. Fed the loop end of my Magic Loop neatly down into the wrong side of the sock. Manhandled the points down, dropping a stitch in the process. Was in the middle of watching No Reservations with LittleBit and thus not inclined to get up, pause the movie, and walk back to my room to fetch another 2.0mm needle. So I grabbed one of my smaller crochet hooks and improvised. Loop through a pair of stitches, loop through the next pair, pass first loop over second, etc. Cheap, fast and easy. [Unlike me.]
Second sock is cast on, with four rounds of ribbing done before I could not keep my eyes open One. Moment. Longer. And I added the better part of ten rounds to the ribbing on the Stripedy Stockings. The tender spot on my finger is nearly healed; I foresee much progress on both socks today, when what they pay me to do is not getting in the way.
I would like to spend another day at home, resting, but Monday is our craziest day in terms of the mail, and I would be missed. I’d rather be missed for my other sterling qualities, not for my ability to sort and open the mail and remove the staples preparatory to scanning.
One downside to having not left the apartment all weekend, is that we are now out of milk, fruit juice, granola, potatoes, and you name it. I would bundle up and go, but it is raining cats, dogs, and little fishes out there. I hear it splashing down on the patio. Great encouragement for my suggestible kidneys, but not what I want to take my recently-croupy self out into.
Where is the Amazing Kreskin when I need him? Or Uri Geller? “Uri, honey, please stop bending spoons for a minute and teleport a gallon of 2% into the fridge, would you?”
This is when having a husband to send out into the rain, would be handy. Even if it’s not for pickles and ice cream.
- Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!