About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

An Open Letter to Dr. Frankenstein’s Monster

My Dear Monster:

Please examine your neck and see if one of your bolts is missing. I found one in my tire on Monday morning. I think that if you roared nicely, the guys at the tire store would gladly give it back to you.

Very truly yours,
Ms. Ravelled


[OK, I just have to rave about the service that I get at Discount Tire Center. I have been doing business with them for years, and their courtesy is matched only by their competence. I remarked on this to the day manager at my gas station, and she said that they came into her store all the time and were always polite and friendly. We agreed on how nice it is to do business with a company that is respectful to women. She also mentioned that she gets good service at Pep Boys, as do I. Here are two corporations in good-old-boy businesses who understand that middle-aged women have clout and acumen, and that we reward fair dealing with loyalty and good word-of-mouth.]

Now, what can we do about the fashion industry?

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sorry to hear about the bolt in your tire. There is nothing worse than having to replace a tire when you are not expecting to. It costs just enough to put a crimp in the budget, unless of course the tire is under warranty. I hope you have a fabulous, bolt free day.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Not a darn thing. Just learn to sew.

Lynn said...

SC: I've been sewing since I was five. Most of the plus-size patterns are boring or frumpy.

2B: The bolt was in the tread and covered by my road hazard warranty. And they rotated my tires for free while they were at it.

Anonymous said...

The fashion industry is horrible. I would just love to go to a store, pick a pair of jeans off the rack and KNOW that they'll fit because they are my size. Why can't women's clothing be the same size if it's the same size? I once put on a size 6 that was HUGE and a size 10 that was way too small. Drives me NUTS!

Tola said...

i spent four and a half hours at the Subaru dealership yesterday, getting the 60,000 mile checkup. $541.80 later, i will be knitting from stash until next april conference. does anyone have any sock yarn they have fallen out of love with?