About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm a Corvette!

I'm a Chevrolet Corvette!




You're a classic - powerful, athletic, and competitive. You're all about winning the race and getting the job done. While you have a practical everyday side, you get wild when anyone pushes your pedal. You hate to lose, but you hardly ever do.

Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.

Athletic? Moi? The two physical things that I’m best at, are giving birth and dancing. I’m glad to see that at least they got the color right!

Here’s another timewaster fun activity; I found this after a Sister of the Wool posted a couple of links for world’s fastest knitter on our group’s board.

Middle-Aged Lunacy Department
I got another “match” on the Churchboy Dating Service. A guy a few years older than me who lives within 100 miles of me and wants to marry somebody 20-30 years younger than me, because he has no kids, and he wants kids.

Now don’t get me wrong. I think it’s admirable when a man wants to have children and is willing to help rear them. And I suspect that there’s little difference in the pain a childless man feels, as compared to that felt by a childless woman in a church that emphasizes building a Christ-centered family. The very best place for children to grow up is in a home where both parents *want* to be parents.

But please explain to me why a healthy 25 year old woman would want to marry a 60 year old man and have babies with him, knowing that chances are he will not live to see them graduate from high school?

A good start on Anastasia yesterday. People at work kept commenting, “Nice blue sock.” And I kept smiling back and saying, “Not blue, turquoise. Turquoise doesn’t count.” I did have to tink back a couple of rounds while talking to my friend Sister Salsa on the phone. I got a spare yarn-over in there at one of the decreases; you could have driven a truck through it. I have three more increase rounds on the toe, and then I get to figure out how I want to modify the spiraling eyelet pattern. I think I will go with 72 stitches per round, as opposed to the 60 that [I think] the pattern specifies. I like the fabric much better, worked on 00’s as opposed to the 0’s of my first two attempts with this yarn. And I have emailed the dyer via eBay to see if she has yardage information so I can update Ravelry.

OK, I’m going to pull up an archived Sticks and String [thank you, Tan!] podcast and go over to the couch for half an hour. I’ve worked the AARP interactive Sudoku and the medium-difficulty jigsaw. I think I am finally getting used to the new format for their games.

Can’t wait for the dance tonight.

No comments: