About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Birthday Bash

This is how I frequently feel after three hours with my whole tribe. I just want somebody to put me down and let me take a nap.



But not on Saturday night. I had so much fun! [That's Fourthborn standing next to LittleBit and a squirming BittyBubba.] Firstborn got this cake at Costco; it had a strawberry cream filling between the layers and was just delicious.



My shots of the hostesses [Firstborn and Secondborn] came out all blurry. But here is a nice one of Fourthborn’s FiancĂ©.



He’s usually smiling and telling outrageous stories about his extended family. [Proving once again that Heaven has a sense of humor. God sent me to my quiet but immensely talented family; He sent FiancĂ© to leaven a tribe of rednecks.]

This is a better picture of LittleBit and BittyBubba. [She disagrees.]



That's my friend L on the right, and my friend C from work is lurking behind LittleBit’s head.

The infamous Piddling Cup. Thankfully we noticed that it was leaking before somebody took it out into the living room.



Here are the little kids, chowing down. And their parents. By the window, J, married to J who is on the right in the yellow. She’s my best friend’s daughter and Secondborn’s best friend. To her left is another J, whom 1BDH jokingly refers to as his other wife. [And some days, as his next one.] Back in the corner is 2BDH, in the hat. BittyBit is tugging on his pant leg. Two of the kids are also J’s. And the twins, off-camera, are S & K. I didn’t catch 1BDH or his sister and her husband on camera, but they were there.



I think this is only the second real birthday party I’ve had. The first was when I was eight, before we moved to Boise. There were family parties every year, of course, and the year that I turned 16, Easter fell on the same weekend, and my best friend from high school was with us at my sister’s in Seattle.

[I don’t know if this will show up properly. Here goes.]



This was fun. And Middlest, honey, I know you were here in spirit.

Today’s agenda? Well-woman and mammogram. And knitting, lots of knitting. I went to bed early last night and woke up at 2:30 this morning. Can’t seem to go back to sleep, but maybe there will be a nap this afternoon? I am fasting for the bloodwork, so it sounds like the 1812 Overture in the vicinity of my navel. I wouldn’t exactly kill for chocolate, but I might bruise somebody impressively.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

The best part about all of this is that you, B & I all posted different pictures so there is variety in the viewing.

Tinker Belle said...

What a wonderful party! And yes, the video showed up nicely.

~Tinks

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I'm glad that we could be there to celebrate with you. And glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself.

Spring Jones said...

Happy Belated Birthday! The party looked like fun, and I am glad you got to have one. Sometimes you just need a good party!