About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

[Root] Beers, on the House!

I got the numbers yesterday for my merit raise and cash bonus. Can’t post them here because some of my coworkers read my blog occasionally. [Besides which, Miss Manners and the ghost of Emily Post would beat me about the head and shoulders with a pair of white kid gloves.] But I am pleased, and most grateful. And it’s safe to assume that there is a spinning wheel in my future. I asked my friend Jeri how long it had taken between her order and its arrival; she said about a week.

If I could turn cartwheels, I would.

I have finally finished one stealth project and have begun another that is somewhat related. Pictures to be revealed later.

Knit Night was fun, as usual. I was the first to arrive and got us some good seats. And then only lasted about an hour and a half before turning into a pumpkin. This is the third morning in a row that I have wakened an hour or more ahead of my alarm. Is it Christmas Eve and nobody told me?

Did everybody else catch the pranks on Ravelry yesterday? I was trying to come up with a clever post on the forum so that my Sheepie icon would get a hat. And I was mildly amused to find a Fabio book on my virtual bookshelf, less so to have a craft book with a crass title alongside it. I thought also that a “friend” link request was a spoof and declined it. But this morning I realized who she is and have posted an apologetic response.

They say that you lose brain cells with every pregnancy. I would appear to be living proof.

Much progress on both non-stealth projects yesterday. Maybe an inch added to Anastasia, and three or four to [Almost] Cozy. Not enough to justify dragging out the camera; you’ll have to use your individual and collective imagination(s).

Tonight’s the meet-up with my friend Tinks. It’s been way too long.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

If you needed more proof of the lost brain cells with pregnancy, I'm right here. I think you lose the most with the first, and then it kind of works on a half-life principle in terms of rate of loss of remaining brain cells with each additional child. Congratulations on your raise and bonus!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the merit raise and bonus. Sweet.

You're having quite the social week - I'd be exhausted.

Ruth's Place said...

A wheel! Very cool!