About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

DVD’s back to the library? Check!
A full tank of gas for Lorelai? Check!
Pantihose to dance through the feet of? Check!
Admin lunch with the office manager and the rest of my team at Panera? Check!
Temple work? Check!
Milkshake for the trip home? Check!
[I skipped the ice cream social in favor of a relatively early bedtime.]
Four new DVD’s for $30 and change? Check!

I am going to sit on the couch and watch the first episode of Lord of the Rings. Or as much of it as I can manage before I doze off. I scored all three parts of the trilogy for $5.99 each, and Wall-E for $9.99. I’ve not watched any of them. Ever. Well, bits of one of the LOTR movies, but not to sit down at the beginning and grouse about all the good stuff they left out.

I’m better than half done with the raglan decreases. Maybe 2/3 done? I’ve decreased enough stitches that each row is starting to zip by, and I might get as far as the purl bump at the start of the neck hem before my brain and hands holler “uncle”. Which just might get me past the opening credits...

No comments: