About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Silver Linings

While I was not thrilled to pull my favorite dark brown office-appropriate T-shirt out of the dryer and find it [still] hopelessly stained, the back and sleeves are just fine; I will give them to Middlest to make doll clothes, as brown is her favorite color.

The latest KnitPicks catalog was lying in ambush for me when I got home last night. They have a new tweed yarn coming out later this month, a wool and alpaca heather with bits of Donegal tossed in. I have had a tweed cardi with intarsia border in my queue on Ravelry for way too long. I think this yarn is just what I was looking for. [Sasha Kagan’s Nut Border Cardigan, from IK Winter 2003. Yes, I have umpteen projects to finish first, but this looks really, really promising.] Oh dear; it’s DK weight, and the pattern calls for fingering yarn.

Sigh... Maybe I will knit it side to side, with the nut border forming two panels down the front?

I looked up the dulcimer festival in OK that the girls and I used to attend. There is one run by the same bunch, in Glen Rose [much closer], the second weekend of May. It’s free. Remind me to tell Trainman and LadyZen. We could combine that with a trip to see the dinosaur footprints. Or BestFriend and I could sneak away for part of the weekend, if she’s not up to her ears in Graduating Senior drama.

In a radical departure from what passes for normal around here, I did not take my knitting with me to the laundromat. I took four magazines in my get-to stack and managed to chew through 2.5 of them.

Did I feel guilty for setting the knitting aside for a few hours? Not in the least; I am nearly done with the increase portion of BittyBit’s sleeves. I am looking forward to a productive day at the office [yesterday certainly was] and a quiet evening at home tonight. Maybe even an early bedtime, but I’m not holding my breath on that one.

1 comment:

Rorek said...

OH OH! Can you and I go to the Dulcimer festival together please? <33 If you'd prefer Trainman and LadyZen that's okay, but I've been wishing to go back to this for years. No guilt, no pressure! ;]